Customer Experience (CX) describes how customers feel about their collective experiences and interactions with a company — including their overall relationship with a specific brand. “CX,” together with terms like “Customer Experience Management” (CXM or CEM), are also often used to describe an organisation’s ongoing efforts to measure, manage, and improve their customers’ perceptions and experiences with the company.
A successful CX programme combines data from many different sources and on- and offline touchpoints, converts it into actionable insights, and makes it available to everyone who needs it – all within a few seconds. With a strong customer experience system in place, you can see, sense, and respond to every customer as quickly as they form opinions about your business.
Why is Customer Experience Management (CXM or CEM) important?
Every business cares about listening and responding to customers, understanding what they need, and using that information to become more efficient and responsive. But how do you translate those good intentions into actions that actually keep customers happy and loyal? It’s an important question. Because if you can’t hear, understand, and satisfy your customers right now, you simply can’t compete in a world where competitors are always a click away – and where one opinion can influence millions of people.
Building a Smart, Successful CX Programme
Most organisations have some type of formal customer experience strategy in place. These programmes work to align a company’s actions around a customer-centric strategy, spread customer insights throughout the organisation, and establish an appropriate governance structure. The best, most successful CX strategies play a crucial role in unifying and aligning frontline employees, management, product teams, and executive leadership around customers’ core needs.
Technology plays a crucial role in these CX efforts – by enabling companies to gather customer feedback from different sources and touchpoints, analyse it, and distribute it to employees responsible for making positive changes in specific areas. With an effective customer experience software, businesses can identify customer issues and trends earlier, respond more quickly, and turn everyday customer experiences into key competitive advantages.
MaritzCX offers businesses the technology, research expertise and tools, they need to build sustainable and successful CX strategies, enabling them to engage with their customers. These include:
- Experienced CX experts who help to define key CX objectives and design programmes that deliver tangible results.
- Comprehensive data collection tools that make it possible to gather more data from more customer touch points and channels.
- A flexible, powerful software platform that links data from all these different sources together, providing customer analytics and turning the generated insights into actionable measurements.
- Case management tools that allow businesses to see and respond to customer issues instantly, close the feedback loop, and make sure important insights never get lost in the shuffle.
- Targeted tools, reports, and information that empower every member of an organisation to improve products, processes, and policies along the customer journey – from the CEO to front-line call center employees.