MaritzCX Kicks Off CXFusion 2015 with Record Attendance, ABC News Anchor Dan Harris, and the Fabulous Sir Elton John
LAS VEGAS (CXFusion Conference), April 7, 2015 – CXFusion, the global conference for customer experience (CX) professionals, kicked off Tuesday in Las Vegas. A record number of attendees from 10 countries, informative sessions, professional networking, CX expert meetings, and energizing keynotes filled the fast-paced day that was then closed by a party and live Elton John concert.
Keynotes and General Sessions
Carine Clark, president and CEO of MaritzCX, opened the morning general session. Dan Harris, anchor for Nightline, correspondent for ABC News, and co-anchor for the weekend edition of Good Morning America, entertained the conference with war stories and life lessons in the benefits of being mindful. Bruce Temkin, a CX transformist, closed the program with his views on the future of the CX profession and industry.
Two customers with outstanding CX programs shared a behind-the-scenes view into their challenges and successes.
- Transamerica – Rich King, director of customer experience, outlined the company’s CX program progress over the past two years, which includes a strong focus on employee engagement and culture shift. King reinforced that for Transamerica, CX is not a project; it’s a way of doing business.
- Activision – Paul Boustany, senior manager of service planning and insights, discussed how his 24x7x365 company’s Voice of the Gamer program utilizes many channels to tap thoughtful and articulate feedback from its passionate and vocal players. Boustany’s primary CX program goals include proving that Activision cares about players and becoming indispensable to the gaming creation studios.
A Rockstar award was presented to Abbott for their CX program and successes. The award was accepted on stage by Cameron North, customer loyalty global program leader.
Attendees enjoyed more than 20 sessions packed with information and best practices for building, expanding, and improving CX programs. Speakers included:
- Cisco Systems – Tammy Dujmovich, Sr. Manager, Customer Intelligence
- DirecTV – Jason Sanchez, Director, Research Engagement
- Karvida – Cameron Karr, Chief Executive Officer
- FedEx – Dave Bullock, Marketing Principal
- Forrester Research – Maxie Schmidt-Subramanian, VoC Expert
- Mountain America Credit Union – Dennis Bromley, SVP Member Dev & Engagement
- NALCO Champion – Melissa Leon, Global Customer Loyalty Manager, and Ross McAllister, Program Manager for Customer Loyalty
- Service Profit Chain – Joe Wheeler, Executive Director
- VMware – Eric Wansong, Vice President Customer Advocacy
Follow the #CXFusion experience on Twitter. View conference details at www.cxfusion.com.