The information in this article was originally shared in the MaritzCX webinar, Mobilize Me! Click here to listen to the webinar now.
New 2019 Research Reveals the Preferences of Mobile Survey Respondents
Did you know that over 60% of respondents in a standard CX survey are completing the survey on a mobile device? That means surveys must be optimized to fit a small screen, and many different types of mobile devices as well. In this day and age of technological advances, one thing is for certain: mobile is not going away!
By the numbers:
- 98% of Millennials and 95% of Gen X own smartphones, with Boomers not far behind at 85% (Dynata Global Trends Report)
- 1 in 5 Americans are now “smartphone only” internet users at home, up 7% since 2015 (Pew Internet)
- Mobile ad spend will top $93 billion in 2019, which is $20B more than TV (eMarketer)
Recent research on research conducted by MaritzCX, Dynata, and FocusVision, sampled nearly 3,000 survey respondents to better understand the preferences of mobile and non-mobile respondents and explore alternative data capture methods.
Data analysts discovered through the results 5 new techniques that improve respondent experience and capture higher quality responses. The researchers focused on different ways that questions could be presented, as well as how to select the best types of scales and grids to use for survey questions on mobile devices.
Hear more about this innovative survey design research by joining MaritzCX Product Manager, Ted Saunders, in the webinar Mobilize Me!
In the the webinar you’ll learn more about:
- New ways to present multi-attribute grids
- Alternative list question presentations
- Pagination – it is better to present one question per page or use multiple pages
- New ways to present NPS questions
Become a master of mobile survey respondent preferences and see how these statistics and techniques can help you take your mobile survey strategy to the next level.
Click here to listen to the webinar now.