Time to plan the funeral of your customer feedback measurement programs. It’s time for an effective, actionable customer experience management program that drives business outcomes for your organization. What’s making the difference?
Understand how to truly engage with your customers:
- Engage at all relevant touchpoints along the customer lifecycle (rather than after a sales and service event only)
- Engage with short and meaningful dialogues that provide value to your customers (rather than long “one way street” questionnaires)
- Engage in a more personal way and focus on enhancing the individual customer relationship in addition to fixing the process issues (rather then using “one-size-fits-all type question batteries focused on the latter only)
- Engage and act in real time (rather than periodically or not at all)
To implement and manage such an engaging and effective, future-oriented customer experience management program in your specific industry and for your specific organization, you need industry experts and consultative services to help map your customer’s journey, you need the brains to design a program that helps you better understand how customers experience your brand at every touchpoint that matters, engage with them in an easy and non-intrusive way, and you need experts to help analyze and synthesize the data to detect trends and risks. In short – great CX programs require the right people right from the outset.
But that’s only one hand.
Businesses also need to implement the right CX technology to increase both the effectiveness and the efficiency of their CX programs:
- Using systems with dashboards that provide a global view and a local view of the business
- Synthesizing data from multiple sources (which may vary by industry and by market) to gain greater clarity to derive the most effective action
- Using big data analytics to make better decisions faster
- Using automated text analytics that work in a multi-lingual environment
- Enriching CRM systems with customer feedback data allowing for more relevant individual interaction with each customer
- Including predictive analytics to influence customer behavior before it happens
- Providing front line staff and all stakeholders in the organization with action tools to act relevant on a local level
- Providing the information in real time in order to solve customer issues promptly and turn customers at risks into brand advocates
So the right technology is the other hand you need.
It’s the combination of state-of-the-art technology coupled with services from the right people that make CX programs strive – with both hands being equally needed. The outcome of an effective customer experience management program rooted in the synthesis of these two crucial elements is a higher retention rate, a greater lifetime value of each customer and a growing customer base –key ingredients for profitable growth. Time to rethink your approach?