The Results Are In
The UK Consumer Study produced by Bain & Company in partnership with MaritzCX, An InMoment Company, is the first comprehensive annual survey of major UK industries and sub-industries, including Automotive, Travel, Logistics, Utilities, Technology and Media.
The Study includes over 110,000 individual brand responses that cover 198 UK consumer brands.
The data identifies the brands that UK customers consider to be the best within their industries and across industries in overall customer experience, digital and non-digital channel experience, resolving complaints, and innovation.
The data outlined in the Study will act as a benchmark reference point for CX practitioners, and MaritzCX is excited to be a part of it.
Key Takeaways from the UK Consumer Study
- Only about 10% of brands in the UK have an NPS of 40 or more. Brands that stand out for customers include NFU Mutual, First Direct, Volvo, Netflix and Amazon
- Technology, auto, and media companies had the largest shares of promoters. (While logistics, energy, and water companies had the least share of promoters).
- Banks and airlines have the widest range of customer loyalty scores
- John Lewis, DPD, Sky and Tesla are ranked among the top 5 in terms of innovation
- Technology is the largest contributor to innovation for many UK industries
- 3 main industry ‘archetypes’ for what drives NPS – quality of experience, value-driven experience and product performance
If you are interested in understanding how your brand compares against industry competitors, click here.