Customer Experience (CX) describes how customers feel about their collective experiences and interactions with a company—including their overall relationship with a specific brand. “CX,” together with terms like “Customer Experience Management (CXM or CEM),” are also often used to describe an organisation’s ongoing efforts to measure, manage, and improve their customers’ perceptions and experiences.
Why is Customer Experience Management important?
Every successful business understands the importance of listening carefully to customers, understanding what they need, and using that information to become more efficient and responsive. But as organisations grow and become more complex, these crucial personal customer connections become more difficult to maintain and manage. This is especially true in a world where people interact with modern businesses in thousands of different ways across a nearly unlimited number of touch points.
Building a Smart, Successful CX Program
Most organisations have some type of formal customer experience program in place. These programs work to align a company’s actions around a customer-centric strategy, spread customer insights throughout the organisation, and establish an appropriate governance structure. The best, most successful CX programs play a crucial role in unifying and aligning frontline employees, management, product teams, and executive leadership around customers’ core needs.
Technology plays a crucial role in these CX efforts—by enabling companies to gather feedback from many different sources and touch points, analyse it, and distribute it to the people responsible for making positive changes in specific areas. With an effective technology, businesses can identify customer issues and trends earlier, respond more quickly, and turn everyday customer experiences into key competitive advantages.
MaritzCX offers businesses the technology, tools, and expertise they need to build complete, successful, best practice CX programs. These include:
- Experienced CX experts who are standing by to help define key CX objectives and design programs that deliver tangible results.
- Comprehensive data collection tools that make it possible to gather more data from more customer touch points and channels.
- A flexible, powerful technology platform that brings data from all these different sources together, unifies it, and turns it into actionable information and business changing insights.
- Case management tools that allow businesses to see and respond to customer issues instantly, close the feedback loop, and make sure important insights never get lost in the shuffle.
- Targeted tools, reports, and information that empower every member of an organisation to improve products, processes, and policies—from the CEO to front-line call centre employees.